Member Services Extraordinaire - we are not boring : )
The Sportsman’s Box concept was designed by two avid sportsmen, who wanted to share their enthusiasm and passion for the outdoors with all who are willing to follow. In 2015, Sportsman’s Box was created and thus has grown from a small operation packing boxes in the dining room of their home, to a growing business in Dallas TX. Sportsman's Box goal is, and has always been, to help men and women become better prepared, increase their knowledge and confidence in their next outdoor pursuit. From seasoned sportsmen and women to someone's first hunting or fishing trip we design and create experiences through a delivery box with a personal touch.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for motivated and confident Member Services Extraordinaire to join our team. This role will entail creating a “WOW” experience for our members and business partners with amazing customer service. We are looking for individuals who have an infectious happy personality, the ability to think fast on their feet, with a desire to engage in meaningful conversation to genuinely help our members.
What we value
We set our sights on a common goal by committing to these five values:
- Center on the member and customer
Sportsman's Box employees succeed because they're understanding and empathetic towards our members needs
- Expect and embrace change
Things move fast at Sportsman's Box. We’re not afraid to take risks, and act decisively with the information at hand. Sportsman's Box employees succeed because they are flexible and adapt to change quickly.
- Hold strong ideas, loosely
It requires research, forethought, evidence, and debate to create a strong idea. Courage is also required to challenge long-held beliefs and the willingness to implement change. Sportsman's Box employees succeed because they're curious and always looking for ways to innovate our business.
- Make no small plans
Sportsman's Box was founded on a big idea: to revolutionize the sportsman's and woman's experience by making, testing/discovering and shopping for new gear, enjoyable, productive and convenient. Sportsman's Box employees succeed because they are ambitious.
- Give credit where credit is due
The best ideas are nurtured, defined, and improved upon by multiple people - and when those ideas are successful, they should be celebrated as a group. Sportsman's Box employees succeed because they're considerate and pass on credit for accomplishments to their teams.
Your Day on the Job
- Engage directly with members who contact us for all their concerns, whether by email, chat or calling in. They reach out for order information, membership questions and complaints.
- Research and problem-solve to determine appropriate solutions for the member and follow-up as needed to resolve issues.
- Operate with understanding, active listening, patience, empathy and kindness towards our members and other employees.
- Go above and beyond to “Wow” our members. We aren’t looking for order-takers or script-readers – we’re searching for those who can engage with our customers and think critically to help members enjoy their monthly boxes, help set up their accounts, track down orders and sometimes get creative with solutions
- Operate with a willingness to learn. We share feedback, we get feedback and we operate in a culture of being open-minded to grow. Our business is growing and multiplying monthly.
What You’ll Need
- Caring deeply, genuinely about helping members and potential members find success through support and problem solving.
- 1-2 years working in a customer focused environment
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- Ability to mult-task (i.e. talk on the phone while navigating on the computer and taking notes)
- Being able to ask the right questions
- Operate with ownership, be a self-starter, and have a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Google
- High school education or equivalent
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and perform well in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change in accordance with the business needs of the company
- Flexibility to shift schedule and work overtime as needed by the business unit
- Must bring proven ability to maintain confidentiality and secure sensitive information
- Show up for work! Come on time and be committed to be your best.
And by the way, we’re not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. We actually communicate and listen! Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
- We have snacks : )
- Invites to join hunts and fishing trips
- Ongoing personal and professional development training opportunities
- Core values that promote work-life balance, excellence in the ordinary, and a self-employed mentality
- Working with a small group of amazing people in a culture where we recognize each other’s wins and celebrate together often with monthly lunches and on-the-clock, fun activities, etc.
- Gear discounts for personal use
- It’s a calling, and we’re on a mission to improve the Sportsman’s Lifestyle.
- Starting pay Salary with bonuses.
Are you a good fit and ready to start a career in the hunting and fishing industry? Please email your Resume and Short Bio letting us know why you are a good fit as two separate Google Drive documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.